[ FAUX PATENT LEATHER LEGGINGS – USE CODE YXJENNA15 FOR 15% SITEWIDE AT YUMMIE ]
I’m the type of person that works (and feels) best with some sort of a routine so today I’m sharing 7 basic things that I prioritize every single day:
- Move my body – This is truthfully a newer lifestyle habit for me. I’d say within the past 2 or so years I started working out more regularly. Before that, I never even cared to get in a workout during the week. I mean, I really didn’t even think about it. Bad, I know. Now I feel guilty if I don’t get my limbs moving at least 4-5x per week. I don’t have any crazy fitness goals but I just want to keep myself feeling strong and healthy. Honestly, I’m pretty proud of myself. I never thought I’d see the day where I woke up BEFORE work to get it in.
- Make a list – I sound like a broken record with this one but I live and die by lists. I make them in my phone and with pen and paper. It helps me to visually prioritize my day. If I’m listless, I tend to get overwhelmed.
- Fuel my body with real, whole foods – I don’t have the perfect diet by any means but I do try to at least eat whole foods for majority of my meals. Key word *majority* because I definitely treat myself often. But I do always try to come back to surrounding the rest of my day with less processed ingredients and foods.
- Hydrate – I swear I’ve always got my water intake in the back of my head. Anyone else? I try to chug as much as I can at the start of my day so that incase I get busy I’ve at least got something in me. But I’m pretty good about bringing water bottles in the car or to work to make sure I’m getting at leastttt 8 cups per day.
- Skincare – I’m sure this comes as no surprise but I am pretty much obsessed with skincare. I so look forward to washing my face and doing my regimen at the end of each day. I don’t think I’ve slept in my makeup once since my early college years because I cannot stand the feeling!
- Me time – Sometimes this means reading a book or getting a bath. But oddly, a lot of the times, this just means sitting in silence on my bed or in the car on the way home from work. Sometimes music is just… too much. I know there has to be someone out there that is like this too! Haha. Some good old me time thinking my own thoughts, no texting or phone calls, is really all I need sometimes to center myself when I’ve had a chaotic day!
- Clean – Clutter makes me feel cluttered so I tidy up every day as best I can. Even though my closets are usually where the real mess lies. It’s gotta be out of sight out of mind, ya know?!
MORE BLOG POSTS LIKE THIS: